Thursday, September 5

BLOG HOP DAY THREE - PUMPKINS AND CROWS -- BOO

Here is the other side of my Halloween display at my home.  We have crows every spring who make a nest in our neighborhood and raise a few babies.  Trivia:  What do you call a flock of crows??  Answer:   It is called a murder of crows.  I have NO IDEA WHY!!

I used the Witches Brew Designer Paper Pack again for my adorable little pumpkins.  And the stem is just some brown packing paper scrunched up and glued on the top.  I think I need to add some vine curlicues or leaves to them, what do you think?

The crow, of course, is not real and is from the Dollar Store. But he fits perfectly with my field of pumpkins I think.

My card I created is an easy, quick card made with the Halloween Washi Tape and the Halloween Happiness Stamp set.


I stamped with versamark on black card stock and tangerine tango embossing powder heat embossed. Then I layered it to Witches Brew designer paper and onto 4 pieces of Washi Tape.  The base of the card is summer starfruit, which is one of the colors in the designer paper.

The added BLING is the clay embellishment.  Isn't it awesome??!!  I added a few drops of pumpkin pie to the stampin pressed clay, then I inked up the sentiment SPOOKY in black ink and pressed it down into the clay.  I let it dry and it was too light in color for me.  So I used my marker to color over the pumpkin pie clay again.  I used a bronze piece of stretch cord to attach it to my card.  What do you think of this NEW TECHNIQUE I invented?  This clay is amazing and in the next few days I will be showing other things I have done with it.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for following us on this three day blog hop.  We appreciate it so very much when you leave a comment for us.

TOMORROW I have 3 more projects to share with you.  PLEASE stop by to see the fun cards, banner and a different treat box with bellyband.

We will have another blog hop the first week of OCTOBER.  Mark your calendar to come on back then, ok?

Click the photo NEXT below to go to Tamara's blog to see her goodies she has made for you.

 The lineup of all the blogs in this hop are as follows:

1.  Dawn G (our Manager)
2.  Jennifer or TXJennywren (Thats ME)
3.  Tamara G
4.  Jan M
5.  Ronnel S
6.  Dee S
7.  De W

I have entered the card at:

The Friday Mashup:  Washi, Washi, Washi

6 comments:

  1. Jennifer I love your card!! The spooky tag made with the clay is great!
    Thank you for coordinating our hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute projects... gotta love Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A murder of crows!!! Thanks for the trivia tidbit and Halloween inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea you had with the clay, This is why I love blog hops. It helps me think out of the box. Thank you cor coordinating the blog hop. I am looking forward to the one for October.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun embellishment! And, of course, I love the halloween washi tape. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Halloween card, thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment: