Friday, February 4

Friday Frenzy Sketch Challenge SFF020411 AND Sketch Challenge week SAH 155

I got this idea from Frenchie - I LOVE her blog, don't you?  She did a video on how she did this color blocking with inks.  As soon as I saw it I KNEW I MUST try it.  After getting ink all the way up to my elbows I was finished and happy with my card.

I used Bashful Blue CS base, Pacific Point layer under Glossy White.  Stamped versamark ink and clear embossing powder with my Medallion large stamp to start.  Then divided up the size by 4 and cut 4 strips of scrap to cover the white.  Lifted up each one separately as I worked from light to dark across the card.  My colors of ink: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point.  After you have the inks sponged or dabbed on as dark as you want, use a tissue to rubb the ink off the embossed part and add your embellishment.  I punched with my Decorative Label Punch and the Small oval Punch to make a frame over my AMOUR stamp from the Artistic Etchings Stamp Set.  One sweet little bling in the middle with the pearl still keeps it for a man if you choose, and keeps it simple and elegant.  Oh, and I added one more touch - I spritzed it with my spritz spray for some more shine.

Enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, love what you did with our sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this week.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer...I LOVE IT! I have to go check Frenchie's site. You ROCKED this challenge. Thank you for playing with the Stamp-A-Holics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super card! I love the techniques you used for the sketch! Thanks for playing the challenge at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamp-A-Holics!
    Cynthia Stevenson

    ReplyDelete
  5. whow brilliantly executed way to go thank you for playing with us hope to see you again at the Stamp-a-holics

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through Gaby's linking party! LOVE this card!!

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment: