Saturday, March 8

YOU ARE THE BEES KNEES

HEY BLOGGIES,

Did the title get your attention?  I don't even know where that expression came from in the 40s, but there it is.  My post today is all about BEES.

Springtime makes me think of BEES waking up and finding the wildflowers blooming.  I saw two big carpenter bees (I used to call them bumble bees because I didnt know what a carpenter bee was) when I stopped at a red light and looked at the wildflowers blooming next to the road.  There were the two big bees working hard at collecting honey.  Spring time!!

I have to warn you, this is NOT a Stampin' Up! set.  I wanted a fun fantasy bee and SU does not have one this size.
 I am loving the thinlits flipits card makers.   It is so fun to use them to create fun creative fold cards.  This one has pretty scallop edges. I used several things besides the designer paper to create the fun design.  I used a small honeycomb stamp with gray ink, and I punched out some hexi shapes to adhere on the top left side of the card.  Also the cute black beads and the "happy" thinlit die.


Here it is open so you can see how it works.  I was so pleased that the word BE just happened to be on the designer paper.  But I put a small BEE above the happy so it all made sense.

Here is Denice's card she made. It is so stinkin' cute!!  Same stamp set, same thinlits flip card, yet so completely different.


Hope you enjoyed my card.  Please stop back in to visit again.

I have entered this card at Techno stamper: Monday Lunchtime Sketch


1 comment:

  1. What a darling bee. I am so ready for spring. And this card makes me happy. Love all your extras. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment: