Sunday, February 7



So sorry I have been missing for a bit - I was in the hospital for three days with a concussion and a collapsed lung.  Everyone asks me, "What happened?"  And I feel so stupid having to say, I don't know!!

You see, I can't remember because of the concussion.  But the best I can figure out is this.  I was in the front yard picking up branches and sticks, etc. from our property.  It is completely fenced so I let my horses be in the yard with me.  They follow me around like puppies and enjoy the break from their pasture.

When they get tired of following me around, they either start grazing or they start playing with each other.  They like to tussle (my made up word for it) with each other and then they play tag and chase each other.  When they get tired, they go back to grazing.  This is what we all were doing when the next thing I knew I was waking up in bed because I was hearing the horses clip clopping on the driveway outside my bedroom window.

I have no idea why I was lying on top of the bed and no idea what happened to me, but my glasses are missing and we still can't find them.  We think that maybe the boys bumped me as they were chasing each other and made me fall down.  My left side of my face and head as well as my left shoulder and chest are all bruised where I fell.  And the doc said the impact is what made my RIGHT lung collapse.

So there you have it.  Don't know what happened, can only guess.  Glad it wasn't worse and glad I got myself into the bedroom ro rest a bit from whatever happened.

I didn't realize anything had happened until my hubby came home and said I was asking hin the same questions over and over again and some of my sentences were not making sense. Again, those are signs of a concussion.  And I thought a rib or two on my right side might be broken because of the pain and I couldn't take a very deep breath.

Luckily we decided to go to the ER because of the breathing issue because upon their exam and tests because they discovered my lung was 50% collapsed.  They had to put a tube in to release the air in the outer chamber so the lung could reinflate.

So, long story, so sorry, but that is why you haven't heard from me or seen any creations.  Right now I am dealing with severe headaches and pains all over until I recover.

I did make a quick birthday card for my daughter in law, but forgot to take a photo before I gave it to her.  Sorry.

Once I get some of my strength back, I hope to get back to creating again.

Hope to be posting some creations soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: