Friday, December 30

BIRTHDAY NOTE CARDS

HEY BLOGGIES,

Today I want to show you a set of blank cards I made for a friend of mine who loves German Shepherd Dogs (GSD) and is a foster and rescuer for them also.  It is her birthday.

I made this small set of blank cards for her to use any way she wants -- as thank you cards, thinking about you cards, happy birthday cards, etc.  She gets to choose how to use them.

I created the dog art with a water pen and inks.  Then I layered them onto colored cardstock and VOILA!!



Some I layered the watercolor paper onto the cardstock directly.  On others I cut around the image and layered that onto the colored cardstock.



I really like the contrast between the dark cardstock and the watercolor water when the image is fussy cut out.

 Each is a bit different since they are hand drawn.  I think it is like dogs themselves...they look similar but each is an original.  :-)





The container for the cards is made from a 12 x 12 piece of designer paper that I folded into the size I needed.  Then I added a ribbon to secure this little gift.



Oh, did I mention I found a German Shepherd Dog pen to go with this set??!!  It finished this set off perfectly!!

Thank you for stopping by. I am working on two more birthday presents for family members and will post them when completed.

p.s. My SU order site is currently down, but you can place an order at the main website:

http://www.stampinup.com/home/en-US/ and please put me as your demonstrator (Jennifer Kay)

 OR telephone and place an order at:

 1-800-STAMPUP

Thank you

2 comments:

Please post a comment: