Saturday, June 27

TEXAS LONE STAR CARD

HEY BLOGGIES,

Today I made a Texas Lone Star Card.  I actually made four of them.  It is a very easy card to create and I really enjoyed the process.  I saw this card on Frenchie's blog (France Martin) and knew I had to case it!!  Thanks Frenchie for the idea and video.  It was so fun to make.

 Here is the first card I made.  The star framelits die is used and then you score from the tip of each star point to make it be a 3D star.  I used the Woodgrain embossing folder, but Frenchie used the woodgrain stamp for her card.

 This second card here I stamped the sentiment from You've Got This stamp set in Cajun Craze ink.  I realized immediately it was not showing up very well.  So, I created a tag with a layer behind it and adhered it on top of the stamped sentiment.  I think it looks much better below, don't you?


Here is the one I sent in the mail today.  I added the 1 1/4" burlap ribbon near the bottom, and then some strips from the ribbon behind the star and as a knotted element on top of the star.

The embossing is supposed to look rustic and rusty, so after you use versamark ink and add gold embossing powder, you rub some of it off before you heat set it.  Then after it has cooled, you add sponged ink here and there to add some color.  I embossed it on some light blue retired card stock, then sponged cajun craze ink over it here and there.  It doesn't show that much, but it makes it very rustic looking.

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks to Frenchie again for this idea.  L.O.V.E.   I.T.

YeeHaw, Go Texas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: