Wednesday, September 21

SPECIAL CHRISTMAS BOX - click on images to enlarge

I forgot to post my completed special Christmas Box that I received as a special kit from SU! for recruiting during a promotion this summer.  Both me and my new recruit got this kit to make this over the top decorated Christmas box.

I have to admit I had a bit of trouble following the directions (I always seem to) so I branched out and did my own thing on it.  I think it personalizes it to be my very own!!

 This is the box completed.  I put it on real red paper to photograph it and maybe that is confusing.  The solid red behind it is just a backdrop of paper to take the photo.  The box is a sturdy white box with this wonderful "lip" at the bottom to hold while you open it.  Reminds me of those old fashioned candy boxes.


This is the left side where the bows and flowers are.  The striped bow is the 1 1/4 striped ribbon and then it has a pop of "wow" with another ribbon solid red tied as a knot on top of it.  I love the detail of the forked ends of the red ribbon.  I added a large pearl from our sticky pearls sheet right on top of the knot.

Along the edge of the ribbon there are 3 flowers:  one is scallop punches of first edition dsp crumbled and made into a flower, the first one you see is 1" of torn fabric rolled and wrapped into a rose (MY FAV) with a button on top, and the top one is lace gathered on one edge and pulled into a rosette.  They are awesome and I love these details.

This is the right side of the box.  A very large button (Holiday Mini from the spice cake collection) sits on top of the large striped ribbon.  I used cherry cobbler striped baker's twine to tie it and then a pearl in the middle. As you can see, there is glitter all over the box for extra BLING.  The polka dotted paper is Letters to Santa dsp and has some dimension to it with glitter on the red dots.  Love this paper!!  Underneath the wide ribbon is more early edition dsp.

This is the middle of the box with the focal images being the stamped images from the Pines and Boughs stamp set (Holiday mini).  I used glimmer mist on the red tag underneath the "Christmas" image.  The pinecones are inked up with markers to get all the color details and I stamped them on a scallop circle and sponged the edges red.  Behind that peeping out is another scallop circle in red.  Attached to the bottom red tag is a ribbon like banner made from the Early Edition dsp and then glittered along the edges.  Another large pearl is on the top of this ribbon banner.

One last photo of the whole box now that you know what all the elements are.  You can just see on the right side of the box the edging that goes all the way around the box.  It is the scallop edge border punch in green, red and Early Edition dsp, along with pearls along the entire edge.  Some spray glimmer mist makes it complete.

I had so much fun making this kit from SU!  FREE is something I LOVE, and I got it free for recruiting during the special promotion.  Stampin' Up! is always doing fun promotions for us demonstrators to earn free things like stamps, supplies and special things like this kit.  YOU can earn these free things while doing something YOU love too!  Contact me and let's talk about how YOU can get big discounts on supplies, as well as earn lots of fun free things.

Thanks for stopping by.  Here's to inky fingers y'all!                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: