Saturday, October 22

I AM BATTY FOR BATS

Last year we drove over to Austin with my son and family to watch the bats leave out from under the bridge at sunset.  There was a lot of teasing towards me because I arranged the trip and at first there were only a few bats to leave.  But then they all woke up and started flying out and down the river.  These are Mexican free tail bats here in Texas. It was fun, even with the teasing.

Not sure what kind of bats these are that I made.  In my card swap group, I received an adorable treat box with an adorable bat on it.  I knew immediately I had to make some of my own.  Here we go:
 Aren't they the CUTEST LITTLE GUYS you have ever seen??!!  I mean, look at those goofy eyes and that funny smile!!  ha ha  They make me laugh every time I see them!

 Here is a closeup to get a better view.  The box is a template I used.  Not sure if there is a die for it or not, but I just used a template. The sponging on the bat and the top of the box was done with vanilla craft ink.  I tried gray first and it didn't even show.  The moon is actually so saffron  1" circle sponged with gray, but the flash washed out the color.  So sorry.

 In this photo above, the box is still "NAKED" on the bottom while I decided what to do to decorate it.
The branch is an sizzlet.

 I decorated the bottom front of the box with designer paper called Cast a Spell.  The "SPOOKY" is from Wicked Cool stamp set, punched out with the 1 3/4 by 7/8 oval punch (called large oval punch in the catalog).  It was stamped with black on pumpkin pie, but here it looks like pumpkin pie on yellow.  Weird what the flash did, huh?  The layer behind it is basic black with the scallop oval punch.


Little Goofy Bat is looking for bugs to eat before he flies off to catch them!  I also used a bat punch in basic black for the bottom of the box.  For the shreds inside, I used white, black and orange.

What is the bat made with you ask?  So glad you asked!!  It is the OWL PUNCH from Stampin' Up!  The wings are his little vest on the same punch!!  The only thing I added to this bat that is NOT the punch is white gel pen for the goofy smile and fangs!!  LOVE THIS PUNCH!!  SEE - NOW you love him even MORE, don't you??!!

So if you NEED to order the OWL PUNCH, the LARGE OVAL PUNCH, the SCALLOP OVAL PUNCH, BASIC BLACK CARD STOCK, PUMPKIN PIE CARD STOCK, or CAST A SPELL DESIGNER SERIES PAPER, just click right below and it will take you to shop at my SU! site - any time and at YOUR convenience!!  Also available to order is the 1" CIRCLE PUNCH and the Sizzlet Little Leaves die.

Everyone who orders from me online this month will get one of these adorable BAT boxes for a THANK YOU GIFT.

Inky fingers y'all and have fun!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello fellow Texan. :) These most certainly ARE the cutest! You did a wonderful job making them! I'd love to go see the bats in Austin, but even the ones behind glass at the zoo kinda freak me out!

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment: