SEPTEMBER NEWS

1. REMEMBER TO USE THE HOSTESS CODE WHEN YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER: BBARYB77 This entitles you to a chance to win the HOSTESS DOLLARS OF ALL MY ORDERS IN SEPTEMBER to spend towards FREE MERCHANDISE. Also I will send you a special free gift for ordering this month to kick off the new HOLIDAY CATALOG

FOLLOW ME

Sunday, October 30

TRYING SOME NEW TECHNIQUES THESE PAST FEW DAYS

Hi y'all,

I saw a wonderful technique I wanted to try over at Sandi Maciver's blog.  Thanks for the info, Sandi!  It is clear embossing that resists rubbed ink on the card.  Emboss resist it is called.  I have seen it before, but never really saw any card I HAD to make with it.  But this winter scene made me want to give it a try.

 I used the pine tree group stamp from PLANT HOPE stamp set, with versa mark ink on white card stock, then clear embossing powder.  Then heat set it.

 Next I used a piece of sponge and rubbed on 3 different colors of blue - pool party, marina mist and not quite navy.  I tried to use the darkest color as a shadow around and under the trees.

I didn't like the greenish color of pool party for this card.  Next time I would use Bashful Blue I believe.  But I still like the overall look.  I matted not quite navy and pool party card stock behind the stamped panel.

I have not put any sentiment yet.  I keep cards like this a lot until I need a card.  Then I choose the sentiment I need and attach it then.

Hope you enjoyed this wintery looking card.  A lot of states got snow this weekend so I thought this card was appropriate for them.  BRRRRRR

Have a happy Halloween and be safe to all!!

3 comments:

  1. Great winter looking card! I have always wanted to try that technique too but have never had the opportunity. I will have ti kiij thri=ough my stamps and try it. This turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the frosty look of the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great, Jennifer! You did a wonderful job making it look wintery!! I love emboss resist...it's so much fun to see how well it turns out!
    Hugz2u,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment:

A SPECIAL INVITATION TO JOIN MY TEAM - "The Fine Lines"

LOVE TO STAMP AND SCRAPBOOK? WANT TO HAVE MORE TIME TO BE CREATIVE?

Ask yourself these questions:

1. Do you have a long long wish list of items you want?

2. Would you like some extra cash each month to purchase ___? (fill in the blank)

3. Would you like to have more time to create with friends?

4. Do you love to share new ideas with others?

Then CLICK HERE and then click JOIN NOW and let's add you to my stamping team - "The Fine Lines".

CLICK HERE TO ORDER