Sunday, October 30

TRYING SOME NEW TECHNIQUES THESE PAST FEW DAYS

Hi y'all,

I saw a wonderful technique I wanted to try over at Sandi Maciver's blog.  Thanks for the info, Sandi!  It is clear embossing that resists rubbed ink on the card.  Emboss resist it is called.  I have seen it before, but never really saw any card I HAD to make with it.  But this winter scene made me want to give it a try.

 I used the pine tree group stamp from PLANT HOPE stamp set, with versa mark ink on white card stock, then clear embossing powder.  Then heat set it.

 Next I used a piece of sponge and rubbed on 3 different colors of blue - pool party, marina mist and not quite navy.  I tried to use the darkest color as a shadow around and under the trees.

I didn't like the greenish color of pool party for this card.  Next time I would use Bashful Blue I believe.  But I still like the overall look.  I matted not quite navy and pool party card stock behind the stamped panel.

I have not put any sentiment yet.  I keep cards like this a lot until I need a card.  Then I choose the sentiment I need and attach it then.

Hope you enjoyed this wintery looking card.  A lot of states got snow this weekend so I thought this card was appropriate for them.  BRRRRRR

Have a happy Halloween and be safe to all!!

3 comments:

  1. Great winter looking card! I have always wanted to try that technique too but have never had the opportunity. I will have ti kiij thri=ough my stamps and try it. This turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the frosty look of the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great, Jennifer! You did a wonderful job making it look wintery!! I love emboss resist...it's so much fun to see how well it turns out!
    Hugz2u,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment: