Tuesday, February 26

BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE TO FLY, FLY AWAY

Words from an Elton John Song I just heard coming home from Physical Therapy yesterday.  Which fits in perfectly with my card today, which is using the LARGE SWALLOWTAIL single background stamp.  I am LOVING this stamp!!

I started with a card stock base of very vanilla and stamped the Swallowtail with Versamark.

I applied white embossing powder and heat embossed it.  Here is a closeup so you can see the texture.

 I then used a sponge and soft suede ink and rubbed all over, darker on one side than the other for some shading and variation.  Next I rubbed more mustard ink where I desired.


With a clean cloth, I rubbed the white butterfly all over to get any stray ink that was on the embossed areas.  That's it!!  Now you can add a banner with your sentiment that you choose.  I do that once I know why I am sending the card, i.e. birthday, congrats, thinking of you, etc.

I saw this technique on Dawn Ochefski's blog, a fellow demonstrator.  Thanks Dawn!!

If you use this technique on your blog, won't you tell them you saw it here?  Thanks!

I would love to hear your thoughts on this beautiful and simple card.

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: