Friday, May 9

ALL ABOARD - TRAIN CARD FOR SKETCH FRENZY FRIDAY CHALLENGE

HEY BLOGGIES,

Still in the "ready to move" mode.  Our closing date has been pushed ahead one more week.  So here we are with everything packed and just waiting until the closing so we can move and get settled in.  My kitchen is empty so we are living with paper plates, plastic utensils and paper cups.  What can't be microwaved can't be cooked at home right now.  We thought it was only going to be a few days but best laid plans, etc.  So we still have another week to be like this.

On to my card.  I got my NEW BOX OF GOODIES from the NEW CATALOG and the TRAVELER stamp set caught my eye. For SKETCH FRENZY FRIDAY this week,

 Here is my take on this fun sketch:




I like the vintage feel of this train stamp in the TRAVELER set, so I knew that is what I wanted for my card. Tammy had a train track stamp from a different company's photopolymer set and I used that as my image on the left side.  Then my brain started spinning about what else goes with a train.  
My friend Tammy was helping me because all my stuff is packed except this new box of goodies, so she came up with the other items that coordinated with our TRAVELER stamp set.  I used the NEW in-color called HELLO HONEY, which is an interesting color yellow.  It works GREAT for antiquing edges.

We colored 3 large rhinestones with permanent markers to look like the crossing lights at a train track.  Then we used the Ticket Punch for the ticket and stamped with another photopolymer stamp from the "M" store.

The sentiment "THERE'S ONLY ONE YOU" from a retired Sale-a-Bration set called Vintage Verses from a few years ago seemed to fit perfectly with the one ticket AND is perfect for a masculine birthday OR for FATHER'S DAY.  Awesome, huh?  It was also such a great vintage design and with some antiquing with the Hello Honey around the edges and layered with red it fits perfectly!!

Some CRUMB CAKE ink sponged around the card to make it appear vintage and a fussy cut part of the ticket stamped in a different color popped up on dimensionals completes the card.  Oh, and corner rounding it on the right side.  

Hope you enjoyed this card.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  

Hop on over to SKETCH FRENZY FRIDAY CHALLENGE BLOG and see what the other members of our design team have made with this sketch.  Then create YOUR card and upload it.  I would LOVE to see what you create.


p.s.  You are going to LOVE this HELLO HONEY new In-Color for the upcoming catalog. 

1 comment:

Please post a comment: