Thursday, July 24

SOMETHING FOR BABY

HEY BLOGGIES,

I have a fun card for you today.  I usually seem to make these soji screen cards only on Halloween with a witch or ghost on it.  Why?  I don't know but I think it is because the first one I saw was a Halloween one.  But yesterday I was blurfing (surfing blogs) and I saw a cute card by Deb Valder using the Work of Art stamp set and this type of screen card.  I loved it so much I had to make one myself, but using the SOMETHING FOR BABY stamp set.

 Isn't this so sweet??  My screen is made from Hello Honey card stock scored into 4 equal parts and then folded back and forth.  I used the new Hearts Border punch along the top and then the Decorative Label punch on the bottom to make the legs for it to stand on.


 The Designer Paper is LULLABY, which is part of the BUY 3 GET ONE FREE SALE FOR JULY.  I am LOVING.THIS.PAPER.  I need to get more while it is on sale because it has such amazing prints and the colors are gorgeous.  These watercolor polka dots are so popular and can be used for any type card, not just baby.  The colors are hello honey, coastal cabana, calypso coral and pistachio pudding, all on this one sheet in a "stamped off" intensity.

I used the LITTLE LETTERS thinlit dies to cut out the word BABY, and then used the negative space on this card.  I am going to use the letters on another card in the future.  Waste not, want not my Mom always said.

This SOMETHING FOR BABY stamp set is so stinkin' cute!!  AND the MATCHING FRAMELITS DIES called  BABY'S FIRST make it so fun to stamp and die cut in no time at all.  Here are the pages with the onsie on a hanger, the bib on that and then the carriage.  I stamped two carriages and cut them apart to make the metal parts of a real carriage a different color (here I used Soft Suede).

 This is the page to write a small message and sign it.  I stamped and die cut the booties and the large safety pin.  Cuteness, huh?


Here is one more look at the complete card.  These colors are for someone who is expecting a baby GIRL.  The back of this card is also polka dots in water colored intensity in coastal cabana, pistachio pudding and baked brown sugar - perfect for a baby BOY!!

I have entered this card at Late Night Stampers Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by to see my card today.  All the supplies I used are available for you to purchase at my store.  Just clock my signature line below and it will take you to my Stampin' Up! Store.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: