Friday, September 11

FALL CARD - GIVE THANKS FOR THE COOLER WEATHER!!

HEY BLOGGIES,

We have had a bit of "cooler" weather.  That translates to LESS THAN 100 degrees in the day and gets WAY DOWN to the low 80 degrees at night.  But for us here in central Texas, that IS COOLER.  hee hee

Today I have a fall card, the first one of the season for me.  I LOVE fall colors--oranges, yellows and golds, browns.  I added just a touch of some Halloween Candy Corn paper in the background because I wanted to give it a bit of whimsy.

 Pumpkin pie and black card stock were used with a kraft tag.  I sponged soft suede, pumpkin pie, always artichoke and hello honey ink onto the tag before I attached some die cut leaves and the pumpkin, which were stamped first onto DSP.

This closeup of the tag shows my sponging and rock-n-roll inked images stamped.  I drew the pumpkin vines with the fine tip of my Stampin' Write Marker.  The Give Thanks sentiment is from Good Greetings.

Some bakers twine was added to the top of the tag and a black layer behind the card front was added.  I cut the corners of the card to match the top corners of my tag embellishment.

Here is the sketch from SKETCH FRENZY FRIDAY I used to make my card:

Thanks for stopping by.  Hop over to see what my other design team members have created with this sketch, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: