AUGUST NEWS

1. Order PROJECT LIFE supplies now.

2. PAPER PUMPKIN can now be prepaid for gifts AND counts toward hostess totals.

3. BIG SHOT Special! BUY A BIG SHOT AND GET A DIE SET UP TO $50 FREE. ALSO, STAMP AND DIE BUNDLES 15& OFF THIS MONTH

Wednesday, September 5

GREAT PUMPKIN BLOG HOP WEEK #6

HEY STAMPERS AND BLOGGER FRIENDS,

AS YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED, I GO BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN POSTS ABOUT STAMPING AND POSTS ABOUT MY QUILTING.  WELL TODAY, I HAVE A POST THAT IS BOTH.  I CREATED A CARD FROM AN APPLIQUE QUILT BLOCK.  HUH??

I CUT A CIRCLE WITH MY BIG SHOT AND THE 3 INCH CIRCLE DIE OUT OF AN ORANGE PRINT DSP, THEN I USED MY SCISSORS AND CUT IT INTO PIECES LIKE I WOULD IF IT WAS FABRIC.  I ARRANGED HOW I WANTED THE PIECES TO BE AND GLUED THEM ON MY CARD. (GLUING SURE IS EASIER THAN SEWING!!)

THIS CARD IS MY OWN ORIGINAL DESIGN:

ISN'T IT CUTE?  IT IS LIKE AN EXPLODED VIEW OF SOMETHING WHEN YOU ARE LOOKING AT DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS.  I GLUED THE PIECES ONTO ANOTHER PRINT DSP AND THEN ONTO VERY VANILLA CARD STOCK FOR THE CARD BASE.  I ADDED SOME VERY THIN RIBBON AT THE BOTTOM AND MADE A GATHERED BOW.


THIS IS A THANK YOU CARD SO I STAMPED THE LITTLE BANNER AND DIE CUT IT WITH MY BIG SHOT.  LOOOOVE MY BIG SHOT!!

IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A CARD LIKE THIS, PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK BACK TO MY BLOG SINCE I DESIGNED THIS CARD MYSELF.  THANK YOU.

NOW IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO POST YOUR HALLOWEEN/FALL CARD FOR THIS BLOG HOP.  YOU COULD WIN THE $50 STAMPIN' UP! GIFT CERTIFICATE JUST BY ENTERING!



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jenny. Love the technique of combining quilting and card making.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an AMAZING job on this card!Love the uniqueness!Fabulous!TFS
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a very cool way to use fabric! I haven't seen that before. Thanks for adding your card to The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops maybe I didn't describe it correctly - I got the idea from a fabric quilt block, but I used card stock to make this card. Sorry for the confusion.

      Delete
  4. I like your combination of quilting and card making. Very cute

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment:

A SPECIAL INVITATION TO JOIN MY TEAM - "The Fine Lines"

LOVE TO STAMP AND SCRAPBOOK? WANT TO HAVE MORE TIME TO BE CREATIVE?

Ask yourself these questions:

1. Do you have a long long wish list of items you want?

2. Would you like some extra cash each month to purchase ___? (fill in the blank)

3. Would you like to have more time to create with friends?

4. Do you love to share new ideas with others?

Then CLICK HERE and then click JOIN NOW and let's add you to my stamping team - "The Fine Lines".

CLICK HERE TO ORDER