Thursday, March 27

PAPER PIECED CARD - EASTER WISHES

HEY BLOGGIES,

I am right in the middle of getting our house ready to sell so we can move.  Same area just into the country more.  SOOO because of that, I have most of my craft room all packed and stored away safely.

But how can anyone go weeks without stamping or crafting??!!  I know I can't.  I made a paper pieced card today and used the sentiment of one of the 5 that I kept from packing away.

I made this card to enter at TECHNO STAMPER MONDAY.  My second card for this week on this challenge.  Also entered at Around the World Stamping.

I used the FREE DSP from Sale-a-Bration called SWEET SORBET and I sure do L O V E that paper!!  I fussy cut out some of the printed flowers from the paper as well as stamped some Petite Petals flowers and punched them out.

 Here is the card all finished.  I added some water coloring onto the DSP for shading, coloring and emphasis to some of the flowers.

 You can see the paper pieced flower and leaves in this upper lkeft hand corner.  I then popped it up on dimensionals and used my markers and aqua painter to add shading, filling and layering of colors,  LOVE IT

 The twine is the FREE SAB SWEET SORBET ACCESSORY PACK and I am loving this thicker twine.  I used a trick I saw on the web recently - I used a bit of gesso or elmer's glue in between my fingers and rubbed it on the tails of the twine.  Then I shaped it how I wanted it to be and let it almost dry before I attached it to my card.  AWESOME how it makes such a difference with the bow all shaped and pretty.  (this is before I added the other candy dots to my card.

Now you can see my candy dots (I changed out the one on the twine bow) and the completed card with the shading and coloring.  What do you think? I really REALLY liked the process because I was so much more involved with the creation by coloring, shading, layering colors and then paper piecing and adding punches.  You will see some more of these types of cards from me again.

OOPS, I forgot to show the inside of my card:

I believe the most important part of Easter:  HE IS RISEN.

Thanks for visiting my blog.  Please stop back by again.  If you have any questions, let me know.
The colors I used are:

Soft Suede ink (for sentiment)
Crisp Cantaloupe
Pool Party
Calypso Coral
Coastal Cabana
Summer Starfruit

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this one is really pretty, love the popped up flowers. Awesome card, I know what you mean about not stamping for days/weeks. My studio flooded and it has been a pain in the butt, lol. Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge this week--again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Easter Card, congrats Jennifer :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment: